Sunday 10 August 2014

Green Eggs



This is another simple little recipe, but this time it is breakfast! I tend to save this for the weekends as it takes a little longer than my usual granola.
I know not everyone is a fan of rye bread so feel free to use an alternative if you so wish. I don't use butter on the bread as I find the avacadoes are creamy enough themselves and a far healthier source of fat. Enjoy!

Ingredients for 2


  • two slices rye bread (I did one wholemeal bread and one rye)
  • one avacado
  • two large free range organic eggs 
  • one large handful spinach
Method
  • I like to start by preparing my ingredients to avoid getting overwhelmed in the toasting/poaching stage. So chop your avacado in half, remove the stone and slice each half into five. Wash your spinach. Prepare your bread. Boil the kettle.


  • Get your boiling water in your saucepan on the stove and pop your bread in the toaster.
  • Now to poach your eggs. Lots of people have very fancy techniques, usually stirring the water before they put their egg in. I just keep the water boiling and crack the egg into the water. Leave the heat on medium and it do it's work for 3-4 minutes. 
  • Your toast should be done. Layer on your spinach and avacado.
  • Use a slotted spoon to drain your poached egg, place it on top of your avacado and season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment